Blog moved to www.100bloggers.com .
Please join us there!
You will be redirected in 30 seconds.


Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Quote of the Day

"Make your work a calling. If you see your work as only a job, then it's dragging you away from what you really want to be doing. If you see it as a calling, then it is no longer a toiling sacrifice. Instead, it becomes an expression of you, a part of you." - David Niven, Best-Selling Author, The 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People

Think about it...Do you want just a job...or do you want a calling?

It's up to you...Make it a Great Day!
Phil Gerbyshak
http://makeitgreat.org

Comments:
I like the idea and I'd like to agree, but... Almost by definition, the people reading this blog are going to be technically literate, thinking people. For us, this is quite probably a great message. But what about those folks who toil away serving burgers, operating the checkout, collecting refuse etc etc? What about those who simply work to earn money to spend on hobbies, or just to get by? I can go along with, "It's a mundane or a dirty job but you should at least do it to the best of your ability, and preferably with a smile on your face." But can every job really be a calling?
 
I think maybe it should be stated Make your career your calling. It is true that some are working jobs as a stich in time kind of thing. in other words they are working to get to a better position by putting themselves through school. etc... I think that most people have a dream of what they would like to be in life or what their "Calling" is. I think that is who Phil was writing about. I think you are exactly right, every job is not a calling. I am currently in a job that I am less than passionate about, however, my chosen profession is my passion. That really is a good point. some jobs are just a holdover until something better comes along. great point on a great topic.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?