Blog moved to www.100bloggers.com .
Please join us there!
You will be redirected in 30 seconds.


Thursday, October 27, 2005

You Are Important to Me

Write about what is important to the people who are important to you.

I am determined to post tonight. Let the words say what they may. I would like to think I am writing something of substance. I would like to think I am writing something, somehow, that might mean something to you, but I don't know you.

I don't know you, yet you are more important to me than I can articulate. More accurately, you are more important to me than I am willing to attempt to articulate. Thus, I am writing blindly.

It's not so bad, writing blindly. It is actually liberating. Certainly, it is much easier than writing with an explicit purpose. If I was an anonymous caller to a talk radio show, I might hang up now, but I am not anonymous.

I have never been a big fan of anonymous. Anonymous amuses me from time to time. Anonymous enlightens me occassionally. Anonymous even inspires me once in a while, but I am not a big fan.

You're right to think that my use of anonymous and Anonymous in tandem is dubious. This is not style. It isn't interesting and it isn't cute. It is merely frivolous.

My grandfather is spinning in his grave.

Comments:
Brilliant post Troy

I once put on a CV for a job that among my hobbies I liked to "walk nowhere in particular" and that is a bit like writing as far as I am concerned.

I often write without a purpose at all - these are just musings and they develop later - or sometimes don’t develop -that is life. Keep doodling, keep writing and keep unstructured as well as having some structure for the more formal stuff.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?