Blog moved to www.100bloggers.com .
Please join us there!
You will be redirected in 30 seconds.


Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Subtle Influencers Running Beneath the Radar

Troy threw an invitation my way and then tossed the gauntlet - We all have our favorite blogs. Likely, we all have a dozen or two favorite blogs. Pick one and tell the rest of us why in 50 words. Given my own propensity for silence of late, I felt reluctant at first, but this is something I can do, but I'll list two blogs joined by one person.
-----
I'm not sure exactly when Mary Godwin stumbled across me or why. Probably some flip comment I made during the BlogHer doings, which I highly supported. I found myself stumbling back to (Pro)Claiming Age and found someone I felt an immediate connection with, although I'm not quite sure why. Mary's insights into life, family and the truly important things are perhaps what I enjoy most. She doesn't sidetrack into metablogging or the self-flagellation so many of us wander into.

Her own masthead says it best
Blogging as a Woman of Age and Adventure tackling graduate studies at Purdue University, though currently most the mom of Tommi, a soldier-daughter in military intelligence serving with the National Guard on the frontlines of Mr. Bush's War just outside Baghdad in Iraq. This is a story of survival we are living together, the story of a walk with my daughter through her own daily adventure. Her name is Tommi, a woman of strength in her own right.


I was fortunate enough to catch her own spinoff of herself on Body Electric and post a barbaric yawp in response to her arrival.

Mary's daughter Tommi also brings some wisdom and insight that I can only respect and admire in her role as Sentinel 47: Keeping the Gate.

Perhaps it's a common age. I think it's much more. There's a kinship found there that spans miles and very different lives. But Mary and Tommi are people I've come to pay attention to, listen for, and feel a bond with. If you haven't discovered them yourself, go click the links and explore.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?