Blog moved to www.100bloggers.com .
Please join us there!
You will be redirected in 30 seconds.


Sunday, December 04, 2005

Entrepreneurs Juggling Act

October and November are blurs--sixty jam-packed days of juggling more things than I'd like to admit to--business and personal commitments stuck to me like Velcro on plush pile.

My year end swan song when I attempt to squeeze every last to-do item off my checklist, promising to be nicer to myself next year.

A big part of my problem is that I'm capable of juggling and managing multiple commitments. In fact, meditation to me isn't sitting cross-legged on the floor, but more like focusing on only one thing at a time.

But just because I can handle more, the question becomes should I?

There isn't an entrepreneur I know who isn't adept at juggling more than a few balls in the air at once. Then I ran across an article from the Microsoft Momentum Site that says multitasking might not be as creatively productive as many of us thought.

I don't have a problem setting healthy boundaries - and saying no - to projects that don't give me a creative buzz or working with clients where the spark of rapport doesn't exist. I've discovered over time that to ignore either results in my feeling like I'm doing, well, work.

So, my real problem is maintaining healthy boundaries when I love what I do?

Is this the plight of the entrepreneur, micropreneur, or solopreneur? Does anyone have ideas for doing it better?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?